Car Accident Reports in Orange County

Being involved in a car accident can be an extremely stressful and emotional event,especially if you or someone else is injured. While paperwork may be the last thing on your mind,if your accident took place in Orange County,CA,there are Orange County car accident reports you are required to file. These reports can help protect you and the integrity of any insurance claim you might make,making life sustantially easier for your injury lawyer .

Police Report

One of the most important things to remember after being involved in an Orange County car accident is to file a police report. Regardless of whether or not someone was injured,California Vehicle Code requires you to do so. The accident can be reported to the California Highway Patrol or the local police authorities of where the accident took place. This report will need to be filed within 24 hours of when the accident occurred.

DMV Report

You are also required to file an accident report with the California DMV if anyone was injured,a fatality occurred,or property damage in excess of $1,000 was caused by the accident. This is done by completing an SR1 form,otherwise known as a traffic accident report. The form can be found on the DMV website.

Insurance Report

Regardless of whether you are at fault,you must file an accident report with your insurance company. In some insurance contracts,failure to report a car accident report promptly can result in the rejection of your claim. A reported accident should include an accurate retelling of the circumstances of the event,pertinent contact and insurance information of the other parties involved,and a copy of the original police report.

If you have been involved in a car accident and sustained an injury or property damage due to the negligence of another,you are legally entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver by filing a claim with a preparing for car accident court .

Leave a Comment